Exclusive Pesach Recipe:
Chicken Liver Pate with Honey & Brandy
From Executive Chef Moti Buchbut,
Inbal Jerusalem Hotel
2 lbs chicken liver
1/2 cup Margarine
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 Egg Yolks
2.75 Tbsp. Brandy
3.5 Tbsp. Pareve Milk
2 Teaspoons of Gelatin
1/4 cup water (mix with the Gelatin)
3 cups finely chopped, roasted pistachios
- Roast the liver at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 12 minutes.
- In a food processor, process the margarine with the egg yolks. Add the Pareve milk and liver and process until smooth, with no chunks. Add the honey and brandy, season with salt and pepper and process again. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Mix the gelatin with cold water, until spongy. Heat it in the microwave, add it to the liver mixture and mix until uniform.
- Transfer the liver to a greased bowl or into individual dishes and refrigerate overnight.
- You can also wrap the liver in plastic wrap (like a candy) and cool overnight.
- When serving, transfer the liver to serving plates.
*Remove the pate from the plastic wrap, roll it in the chopped pistachios and using a knife dipped in boiling water, cut into 2 slices. Pour a bit of orange juice and honey onto the center of the serving plate, place the 2 slices on the sauce and garnish with slices of pear cooked in sugar, cinnamon and red wine. I cut carrots into thin strips, placed them on tissue paper, sprinkle with powdered sugar and dry in the oven overnight at 160 degrees (Fahrenheit). Serve with the pate.